Replacing a shower head by tool
If you have really old shower head or you have a damaged shower head then there might be extreme flow of water or leakage of water from shower. This will waste lots of water and will also result in increasing your water bills. If you have such issues, then you must instantly think of changing a shower head and saving water wastage and also your energy bills. Changing a shower head is an easy process, if you have little amount of experience then you can do it yourself. To help you out here is a simple and easy process to change a shower head. Before starting with the process of changing a shower head, you need to collect all the supplies and tools for changing a shower head. This can be really irritating if you have to go for taking the supplies in the middle of the work. This will not allow you to have flow in work and chances of making mistake and not getting desired result will increase. Hence here is list of tolls and supplies you will need for changing a shower head.
- Masking tape
- Adjustable pliers
- Teflon tape
- Shower head adaptor kit
Collect this tools and materials and then start with the process of changing a shower head.
The first step of changing a shower head is to prepare your area for work. Take some ripped sheets of old towel and put it on the bottom of tub to save your fiberglass or porcelain surface from getting scratched while you are working. The adaptor kit which is used for replacing a shower head has a diverter device which is attached with the shower stem and it can also direct the water in two directions this will allow you to make use of tow shower head from one water source.
For changing a shower head, you need to get rid of the old one. Use adjustable pliers for removing the old shower head. Firstly you have to wrap up the jaws of pliers by using a tape for saving them from marring the chrome. When you have removed the old showerhead, it’s time to attach the diverter to it. Ensure that the supplied water is placed in neck of diverter as per the directions which are mentioned in the kit.
Threads of shower head stem must be applied some Teflon tape for stopping some water leakage. When you are applying this tape, ensure that the fixture is tightened properly. If you have taped the wrap in wrong direction then it will get tear when you will install the thread and it will not help in preventing leaks.
Make sure to tighten the diverter with the shower stem when Teflon tapes when it is applied to it. Also tighten the connection very carefully by making use of a wrench. However make sure that you are not over tightening this as it will not allow the water to flow properly.
Image of Wooden folding chair
Wooden folding chair can easily get damaged by some of the reasons like improper use, accidents or for using it for a longer time. But, it’s important to keep the folding chair into a good condition by taking proper care of it. For keeping your wooden folding chair into a perfect condition, here are certain tips that can be followed for repairing your wooden folding chair at your home. It’s a DIY, so the home owners can easily follow up at their home.
Things needed while repairing a wooden folding chair:
- Mechanical fasteners
Wooden folding chair repairing tips:
- Simply start your process of repairing your wooden folding chair by analyzing the damaged area in the chair. Analyze it completely that the damage is either crucial or normal that can easily be repaired by the home owners.
- If your wooden folding chair is simply old and needs proper repairing and repainting, you just need to prepare you painting tools like sandpaper, paintbrush and the paint. And if you observe your wooden folding chair to be unstable you can simply add up joints for balancing it.
- And if you observe some of the wooden parts of the chair are missing or broken, it can easily be replaced with the new ones and get back a proper and newly repaired wooden folding chair.
- You can simply replace those parts of the wooden folding chair which are broken. You can purchase a wooden board that can be later on cut and shaped according to the size of the chair. Only cut those pieces out of the wooden board which you want to replace from your chair.
- Measure up the length of the dimensions and mark it up on the wooden board. Cut the wooden board on the size that ids marked and sand it accurately for perfect finish. Now, place the wooden board piece on the exact place on your chair and nail it properly so that it can be secured sturdily.
- Even you can drill a hole in the wooden board and add up screws for making it more stable and sturdy to work. Don’t forget to position the screws exactly in the place and screw it well. Another way of preserving your wooden folding chair is by repainting it. Repainting it offers more durability and longevity of making it work for a longer time.
- After using the folding chair for a longer time, it might result in peeling off the old paint. Take a specific time for repainting your wooden folding chair for protecting it from mold, decomposition issues, and rotten wood. Start by removing the peeling paint by using a putty knife and sand up the reaming paint off from the surface.
- Wipe it off and remove the remaining dust from the surface of the chair and add up a water resistant primer. Allow the primer to dry completely before you step ahead for painting. After applying the paint, allow the paint to dry completely before you start using it again.