Wooden folding chair can easily get damaged by some of the reasons like improper use, accidents or for using it for a longer time. But, it’s important to keep the folding chair into a good condition by taking proper care of it. For keeping your wooden folding chair into a perfect condition, here are certain tips that can be followed for repairing your wooden folding chair at your home. It’s a DIY, so the home owners can easily follow up at their home.
Things needed while repairing a wooden folding chair:
- Mechanical fasteners
Wooden folding chair repairing tips:
- Simply start your process of repairing your wooden folding chair by analyzing the damaged area in the chair. Analyze it completely that the damage is either crucial or normal that can easily be repaired by the home owners.
- If your wooden folding chair is simply old and needs proper repairing and repainting, you just need to prepare you painting tools like sandpaper, paintbrush and the paint. And if you observe your wooden folding chair to be unstable you can simply add up joints for balancing it.
- And if you observe some of the wooden parts of the chair are missing or broken, it can easily be replaced with the new ones and get back a proper and newly repaired wooden folding chair.
- You can simply replace those parts of the wooden folding chair which are broken. You can purchase a wooden board that can be later on cut and shaped according to the size of the chair. Only cut those pieces out of the wooden board which you want to replace from your chair.
- Measure up the length of the dimensions and mark it up on the wooden board. Cut the wooden board on the size that ids marked and sand it accurately for perfect finish. Now, place the wooden board piece on the exact place on your chair and nail it properly so that it can be secured sturdily.
- Even you can drill a hole in the wooden board and add up screws for making it more stable and sturdy to work. Don’t forget to position the screws exactly in the place and screw it well. Another way of preserving your wooden folding chair is by repainting it. Repainting it offers more durability and longevity of making it work for a longer time.
- After using the folding chair for a longer time, it might result in peeling off the old paint. Take a specific time for repainting your wooden folding chair for protecting it from mold, decomposition issues, and rotten wood. Start by removing the peeling paint by using a putty knife and sand up the reaming paint off from the surface.
- Wipe it off and remove the remaining dust from the surface of the chair and add up a water resistant primer. Allow the primer to dry completely before you step ahead for painting. After applying the paint, allow the paint to dry completely before you start using it again.